Sunday, March 8, 2009

Jailbreak


I've really been wanting to do this for two years.

The instructions for jailbreaking your iPhone are getting simpler and more foolproof (in my case, idiot-proof), and Apple's factory reset provision makes it a safe bet if things go horribly wrong.

The apps listed in this teaser are exactly what might convince me to spend 30 minutes (I'm guessing) jailbreaking my baby:
  • Use your iPhone as a 3G modem with your laptop.
  • Record video using Cycorder.
  • Unlock your iPhone installing a simple program, so you can use a pre-paid card when you go out on vacation instead of paying outrageous roaming charges.
  • Follow speech turn-by-turn directions in a GPS program.
  • Copy and paste (yes, copy and paste).
Cue the "scary anticipation" music, please...


1 comment: